Brian Edward Schiller. Common, but it kind of has a flow to it. I keep a card in my wallet about this specific name. 'Brian' in bold, black letters at the top informing me I'm 'strong and sincere,' and it being of 'Celtic origin.' I'm not sure why I'm even named 'Brian,' or why exactly I carry this card. There's something so arbitrary about a name, but yet I cannot picture myself by any other. My name is me. It represents laughter. It means being laid back and always having another Brian to associate with. It's a life of being asked "Did you say 'Brian' or 'Ryan?'" and "Is that 'Brian' with an 'I?' It's hard to imagine another name with so much experience attached along with it.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
What's in a name?
Brian Edward Schiller. Common, but it kind of has a flow to it. I keep a card in my wallet about this specific name. 'Brian' in bold, black letters at the top informing me I'm 'strong and sincere,' and it being of 'Celtic origin.' I'm not sure why I'm even named 'Brian,' or why exactly I carry this card. There's something so arbitrary about a name, but yet I cannot picture myself by any other. My name is me. It represents laughter. It means being laid back and always having another Brian to associate with. It's a life of being asked "Did you say 'Brian' or 'Ryan?'" and "Is that 'Brian' with an 'I?' It's hard to imagine another name with so much experience attached along with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment